Trainee Horticultural Sales Manager
Join our team!
A new position is available in our long-established family business.
We provide sales, spare parts & service for garden machinery within the Horticultural, groundscare and home sectors
Our products range includes lawnmowers, handheld equipment, ride on mowers and specialised ground care machinery.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic & self-motivated person as a Trainee Horticultural Sales Manager operating out of our dedicated Showroom based in Great Paxton. The role will be a development role with the aim of replacing our current sales manager who is due to retire in 2 year’s time.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day retail sales & administration within the showroom. Your role will be to ensure delivery of excellent customer service at all times, assist in assembly of showroom stock, liaising with manufacturers and ensuring the smooth running of the showroom.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Establishing customer’s needs through conversation
· Ensuring products are delivered to customers with a full handover both in store and on-site
· Handling product orders through the showroom, telephone & email
· Handling sales administration
· Liaising & maintaining relationships with suppliers & customers
· Placing orders & chasing up pending orders
· Maintaining orderly showroom stocks
· Good communication skills: face to face, telephone & email
· Organisational skills & attention to detail
· Enjoy working in a busy atmosphere with the ability to cope well under pressure
· General computer skills and familiarity with email, internet & social media
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Demonstrable knowledge of agricultural and/or groundscare machinery preferred
· Familiarity of working in a busy retail environment
· Full driving licence
· Working hours: 8am-5pm Mon-Fri and Saturday 8am-12pm during busy periods
Ibbett’s is an established family business with a friendly working environment.
The role is a full-time opportunity Great Paxton near St Neots. Salary is dependent on experience.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org